Wednesday, January 7, 2015

On a first and second Marriage


Dear Students,
A lot of my friends are getting divorced.  It is weird.  I guess it makes sense - we all got married around the same time, had kids at the same time.... and are close to the 10 yr mark on our marriages.  I am about the same age as my mom when she divorced my dad.  I think about divorce every day. (Not in that way!!) I have thought about it every day since I've been married.  It happens.  I try to remember it can happen every day so I am aware.  Multiples (twins) increases your chances. A child with special needs increases your chances. Truth? I am happier in my marriage than I was 5 years ago.  Why is it that second marriages often last longer than first marriages.
What if - by the second time, they think about it and ARE CAREFUL with their marriage.  I don't want to wait for my second marriage to be careful.  I am careful now.  Will you be?  Careful with your marriage?
~Mowery

No comments:

Post a Comment