Monday, January 5, 2015

A rough start to 2015

Today did not go as planned.  Here was my letter to my students:


Dear Students,
2015 - here we come! Every year it seems time moves so slowly, and then I blink and it is a New Year.  Do you know I graduated high school in 1997? And college in 2001? I have been out of school longer than some of you have been alive.  I'm 36.... older than some of your parents.  I will soon be 40 - And everyone knows that is OLD.
I don't feel 36.  I feel 27.  I have a hard time acting 36.  I still want to dance in class and talk about things that matter to you.  Does a 36 year old do that? I was never going to be "stuck in this town" at age 36.  Here is the real question.....  Where will you be at 36? What will you be at 36? And... do you have the drive to put yourself "there?"
~Mowery

Here is how my 2015 return to school actually started:

Then I forgot my lunch, ran out of materials, and did this.....



It is good to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment